The Crown Estate's planning application aims to secure a buoyant future for Bingham. The plans include:
- A local centre off Chapel Lane with a primary school, and sites for a potential community centre, a potential health facility, and localised retail, such as a newsagents and convenience shopping.
- Three children's play areas.
- The potential for financial contributions to a range of additional or improved community facilities such as the primary school site, secondary school places, community and health facilities.
- A 1km long linear park occupying 5.82 hectares, based on the current Car Dyke.
- Enhancing Parson's Hill within a 4.9 hectare Country Park concept integrated by foot and cycle paths with the proposed lake and linear park.
- Creating a new 0.88 hectare allotment site.
- The use of 17.2 hectares for new employment in a range of light and general industrial, business, and storage uses with the potential for creating 1,400 jobs.
- Up to 1000 new houses in a mix of sizes, styles and tenure and with 30% affordable.