Bingham is an important local centre with a range of employment, retail, leisure and community facilities serving its residents and the wider community.
The site has a number of factors that make it well suited for a new residential neighbourhood including:
- It is outside the Green Belt.
- Most of the site is already permitted for industrial development.
- Opportunities provided by the dualled A46 and the 'old' road.
- Opportunities for enhancing Car Dyke and Parson's Hill for recreation.
- Good opportunities to link with existing public transport and road networks.