A carefully planned and well integrated new neighbourhood of a sufficient scale could bring significant benefits for the whole area, for example:
- New homes offering a mix of designs and sizes for a variety of incomes.
- Supporting Bingham's economic growth with new homes, jobs and facilities.
- Enhancement of community facilities such as allotments, health and community centres, sports facilities and education.
- New local recreational opportunities.
- Enhanced local habitats.
- Improvements to rail crossing points and better access to Butt Field.
- New direct access from Chapel Lane to the 'old' A46 to help reduce pressure on the Chapel Lane crossing and town centre.
Planning for change also presents challenges. Getting the right balance between the number and type of new homes, levels of employment, services, road networks and recreation are essential to deliver a successful development.
We have considered these elements and addressed them in the emerging masterplan.